What do we do
The role of The Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service’s
Technical Fire Safety Department is to provide specialist officers
to ensure that the technical fire safety aspects of building design
and use are adhered to correctly.
Our staff will engage in activities including the following:
- Carrying out audits of premises subject to the Regulatory
Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and enforcement action as necessary.
This can be
- Notice of deficiencies
- Enforcement Notices
- Alterations Notices
- Prohibition or restriction Notices
- Undertaking statutory consultations with Building Control
in order to reduce risks at design stage.
- Undertaking consultations and joint inspections with other
- Where appropriate we will offer advice and guidance to
building developers owners and others within the business community.
Click here to find out more information on our Advice Policy.
- Undertake publicity and education campaigns to ensure a clear
understanding of, and compliance with, fire safety legislation.
In all our undertaking we strive to adhere to the
of Practice for Regulators, the Enforcement Management Model
and the Enforcement Concordat.
Contact our partner agencies